Installing DataStax Community on Windows
Install Cassandra and OpsCenter web application on 32- or 64-bit Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- 32-bit systems require the Visual C++ 2008 runtime (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)).
- Chrome or Firefox (for OpsCenter)
- OpenSSL: 0.9.8. (SSL is disabled by default; see Enabling SSL – Windows.)
- Latest version of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. OpsCenter does not support Internet Explorer.
Download the Windows installer for your platform from Planet Cassandra.
Note: 32-bit systems are for development only.
- Follow the DataStax Community setup wizard to install. During installation, accept the options to automatically start the services. This option starts the DataStax server, OpsCenter, and OpsCenter agent automatically when the installation completes (and whenever the computer reboots).
Accept the option to launch immediately.
OpsCenter is displayed.
To check the status of the cluster using nodetool (command line interface for
managing a cluster):
C:\> cd "Program Files\DataStax Community\apache-cassandra\bin" C:\> nodetool status
If you have trouble:
- Check that the JAVA_HOME environmental variable
points to either of the following (Cassandra requires Java 7):
- If OpsCenter does not start up:
- Check that the Cassandra and OpsCenter services are running. If
not, start them in the Control Panel.
- If using a 32-bit system, check that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed. If not, download and install the package from Microsoft.
- Check that the Cassandra and OpsCenter services are running. If not, start them in the Control Panel.
- The OpsCenter Agent service takes a long time to stop, be patient. Manually stopping the OpsCenter Agent service takes time.
- Check that the JAVA_HOME environmental variable points to either of the following (Cassandra requires Java 7):
To uninstall DataStax Community, use either:
- The Uninstall DataStax Community Edition on the Start menu.
- The Windows Uninstall a program feature on the Control Panel.