Information pertinent to understanding and installing DataStax Enterprise, Apache Cassandra, OpsCenter, DevCenter, and the DataStax drivers.
The page provides basic information about DataStax Enterprise products and Apache Cassandra™.
DataStax no longer supports the DataStax Community version of Apache Cassandra™ or the DataStax Distribution of Apache Cassandra.
- DataStax Enterprise
- The latest version of DataStax Enterprise is 5.0. It uses Apache Cassandra 3.0 and
- DataStax Enterprise installation instructions
- DataStax Enterprise doc home page
- Moving data to DataStax Enterprise from other databases
- OpsCenter is the web-based visual management and monitoring solution for DataStax Enterprise. It is available for all DataStax Enterprise versions and Cassandra 2.1 and earlier.
- DataStax Studio
- DataStax Studio is an interactive tool for exploring and visualizing large datasets using DSE Graph.
- DataStax DevCenter
- DevCenter is a free visual query IDE for creating and running CQL statements against Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise.
- DataStax certified drivers for DataStax Enterprise 5.0
- DataStax Enterprise drivers for DataStax Enterprise 5.0 are built on top of the DataStax drivers for Apache Cassandra and enhanced for the adaptive data management and mixed workload capabilities provided by DataStax Enterprise.
- DataStax certified drivers for Apache Cassandra
- Use DataStax certified drivers to pass CQL statements from the client to a cluster and retrieve, manipulate, or remove data.
- Apache Cassandra and DataStax Certified Cassandra
- DataStax no longer supports the DataStax Community version of Apache Cassandra™ or the DataStax Distribution of Apache Cassandra. However, when you download DataStax Enterprise, you will get the most recent version of Cassandra with DataStax enhancements and fixes.
- Tick-tock Apache Cassandra releases
- Stability releases: As it takes some time for tick-tock releases to deliver production-level stability, Apache Cassandra will deliver 3.0.x bug-fix releases. DataStax Enterprise uses Apache Cassandra 3.0.
- Development releases: DataStax no longer maintains documentation for Apache Cassandra 3.1 to 3.10. Final updates to these documents were completed early January 2017. For the latest documentation, see the Apache Cassandra Documentation.
- CQL (Cassandra Query Language) for Apache Cassandra
- CQL is the primary language for communicating with the Cassandra database. The most basic way to interact with Cassandra is using the CQL shell, cqlsh.
- Each version of Apache Cassandra uses a specific version of CQL: