Configuring DSE Unified Authentication
Topics detailing setting up authentication and authorization in a DataStax Enterprise environment.
- About DSE Unified Authentication
Describes supported authentication and authorization methods.
- Configuring the security keyspaces replication factors
Increase replication factors (RF) for security keyspaces, which manage authentication and authorization to prevent lockouts and ensure consistency across the cluster.
- Setting up Kerberos
DataStax Enterprise authentication with Kerberos protocol uses tickets to prove identity for nodes that communicate over non-secure networks.
- Enabling DSE Unified Authentication
Steps to enable and configure the DSE Unified Authentication.
- Configuring JMX authentication
Enable JMX authentication for connections from the localhost or a remote host.
- Configuring cache settings
Change the amount of time and refresh rate for the role and permissions cache.
- Securing schema information
Limit access to tables that contain schema and operation data.