- About SSL
Securing data in-flight on DataStax Enterprise.
- Setting up SSL certificates
General steps for generating certificate signing requests, signing, and creating a keystore and truststore for development and production environments.
- Securing internal transactional node connections
Node-to-node (internode) encryption protects data that is transferred between nodes in a cluster using SSL.
- Securing client to cluster connections
Client-to-node encryption protects data in flight from client machines to a database cluster using SSL and establishes a secure channel between the client and the coordinator node.
- Securing Spark connections
Communication between Spark applications and transactional nodes, masters and workers, and intercommunication between Spark drivers and executors can be encrypted.
- Using CQL shell (cqlsh) with SSL
Establish connections to clusters with Kerberos, internal or external authentication, and SSL enabled.
- Setting up SSL for nodetool, dsetool, and dse advrep
Using nodetool, dsetool, and dse advrep with SSL encryption.
- Setting up SSL for jconsole (JMX)
Using jconsole with SSL encryption.
- Connecting sstableloader to a secured cluster
Steps (for a development environment) to configure the sstableloader (bulk loader) with Kerberos or SSL.
- Enabling SSL encryption for DSEFS
DSEFS can use SSL encryptions.