- How are consistent read and write operations handled?
An introduction to how DataStax Enterprise extends eventual consistency with tunable consistency to vary the consistency of data read and written.
- How do DataStax Enterprise transactions differ from RDBMS transactions?
DataStax Enterprise (DSE) does not use RDBMS ACID transactions; instead DSE offers atomic, isolated, and durable transactions with eventual/tunable consistency.
- How do I accomplish lightweight transactions with linearizable consistency?
When and why to use lightweight transactions.
- How do I discover consistency level performance?
Use tracing to discover what the consistency level is set to, and how it affects performance.
- How is the consistency level configured?
Consistency levels in DataStax Enterprise can be configured to manage availability versus data accuracy.
- How is the serial consistency level configured?
Serial consistency levels in DataStax Enterprise control lightweight transaction (LWT) isolation.
- How are read requests accomplished?
A coordinator node can send three types of read requests to a replica.
- How are write requests accomplished?
The write consistency level determines how many replica nodes must respond with a success acknowledgment in order for the write to be considered successful