Installing DataStax Enterprise 4.5 using Yum repositories
Install DataStax Enterprise 4.5 and OpsCenter using Yum repositories on RHEL-based systems.
For a complete list of supported platforms, see DataStax Enterprise Supported Platforms.
- DataStax Academy registration email address and password.
- Yum Package Management application.
- Root or sudo access to the install machine.
- Latest version of Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment 7, not OpenJDK. See Installing Oracle JDK.
- RedHat-compatible distributions require EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux). For RHEL 5.x, see Installing EPEL on RHEL OS 5.x.
- If installing on a 64-bit Oracle Linux distribution, first install the 32-bit versions of glibc libraries.
The packaged releases create a cassandra user. When starting DataStax Enterprise as a service, the Cassandra and Hadoop tracker services run as this user. The service initialization script is located in /etc/init.d/dse. Run levels are not set by the package.
These steps install DataStax Enterprise. After installing, you must configure and start DataStax Enterprise.
Check which version of Java is installed:
$ java -version
If not Oracle Java 7, see Installing Oracle JDK.Important: Package management tools do not install Oracle Java.
- Make sure that the EPEL is installed. See Installing EPEL on RHEL OS 5.x.
Add the DataStax Yum repository to a file called
Note: Set the
gpgcheck=1to perform a GPG signature check.
[datastax] name = DataStax Repo for DataStax Enterprise baseurl=https://dsa_email_address:firstname.lastname@example.org/enterprise enabled=1 gpgcheck=0where dsa_email_address and password are the credentials you created on the registration page.Attention: Depending on your environment, you might need to replace @ in your email address with %40 and escape any character in your password that is used in your operating system's command line. Examples: \! and \|.
If you have enabled signature verification (
gpgcheck=1), import the DataStax Enterprise repository key:
$ rpm --import http://rpm.datastax.com/rpm/repo_key
Install either package:
$ sudo yum install dse-full-4.5.X-1(Use for all product levels.)
$ sudo yum install dse-full-4.5.X-1 opscenter(Also installs OpsCenter.)
$ sudo yum install dse-full-4.5.9-1Note: For production installations, DataStax recommends installing the OpsCenter separate from the cluster. See the OpsCenter documentation.
DataStax Enterprise is ready for configuration.
- Set the configuration properties on each node in the cluster for single or multiple data center deployment.
- Configure the heap dump directory to avoid server crashes.
- Start DataStax Enterprise.
- Configuration file locations.
- During normal use, Yum creates a cache of metadata and
packages. To clean all cached files from any enabled repository
$ yum clean all