The nodetool utility
A command line interface for Cassandra for managing a cluster.
The nodetool utility is a command line interface for managing a cluster.
- Packaged installs: nodetool -h HOSTNAME [-p JMX_PORT ] COMMAND
- Tarball installs: install_location/bin/nodetool -h HOSTNAME [-p JMX_PORT ] COMMAND
- Remote Method Invocation: nodetool -h HOSTNAME [-p JMX_PORT -u JMX_USERNAME -pw
JMX_PASSWORD ] COMMAND
If a username and password for RMI authentication are set explicitly in the cassandra-env.sh file for the host, then you must specify credentials.
If the node from which you issue the command is the intended target, you do not need the -h option to identify the target; otherwise, identify the target node, or nodes, using the -h option.
Getting nodetool help¶
- nodetool help
- Provides a listing of nodetool commands.
- nodetool help command name
- Provides help on a specific command. For example
$ nodetool help upgradesstables