Steps for uninstalling Cassandra by install type.
Select the uninstall method for your type of installation.
Uninstalling Debian- and RHEL-based packages
- Stop the Cassandra and DataStax Agent
$ sudo service cassandra stop
- Make sure all services are
$ ps auwx | grep cassandra $ ps auwx | grep datastax-agent ## If the DataStax Agent was installed.
- If services are still running, use the PID to kill the
$ sudo kill cassandra_pid $ sudo kill datastax_agent_pid ## If the DataStax Agent was installed.
- Remove the library and log
$ sudo rm -r /var/lib/cassandra $ sudo rm -r /var/log/cassandra
- Remove the installation directories:RHEL-based packages:
$ sudo yum remove "cassandra-*" "datastax-*" ## datastax-x required if the DataStax Agent was installed.
$ sudo apt-get purge "cassandra-*" "datastax-*" ## datastax-x required if the DataStax Agent was installed..
Uninstalling the binary tarball
Use this method when you have installed DataStax Community using the binary tarball.
- Stop the node:
$ ps auwx | grep cassandra $ sudo kill <pid>
- Stop the DataStax Agent if
$ sudo kill datastax_agent_pid
- Remove the installation directory.