DataStax ODBC driver for Hive on Windows
The DataStax ODBC Driver for Hive provides Windows users access to the information that is stored in DSE Hadoop.
The DataStax ODBC Driver for Hive provides Windows users access to the information stored in the Hadoop distribution bundled into DataStax Enterprise. This driver allows you to access the data stored on your DataStax Enterprise Hadoop nodes using business intelligence (BI) tools, such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel. The driver is compliant with the latest ODBC 3.52 specification and automatically translates any SQL-92 query into HiveQL.
- Windows® 7 Professional or Windows® 2008 R2. Both 32- and 64-bit editions are supported.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtime.
- A cluster with a Hadoop node running the Hive server. See Starting the Hive server.
To install the DataStax ODBC driver on a Windows platform:
- Download the driver from Client Libraries and CQL Drivers.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the wizard's instructions.